The Company was incorporated on 1 October 2010 as a public company limited by shares under the Mauritian Companies Act and holds a Category 1 Global Business License (License No – C110009034) issued by the Mauritius FSC. Go Life International is registered in the Republic of Mauritius and was listed on the SEM on 07 July 2011 following the issue of 96 651 000.
Go Life International Ltd successfully listed on the AltX of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange on 23 November 2016.
The Company was incorporated on 1 October 2010 as a public company limited by shares under the Mauritian Companies Act and holds a Category 1 Global Business License (License No – C110009034) issued by the Mauritius FSC. Go Life International is registered in the Republic of Mauritius and was listed on the SEM on 07 July 2011 following the issue of 96 651 000 shares at US$0.10 per share.
The Company is registered as an external company in South Africa under Registration Number: 2016/465069/10.
Go Life International was established to leverage the strength of existing South African nutraceutical companies, Go Life Health Products and Gotha Health Products (collectively Go Life SA), and to drive the presence of the South African products and brands across the global nutraceutical market.
Gotha Health Products was launched in 2005 to market nutraceutical products originally developed by Gotha Pharmaceuticals.
Go Life International was established in 2010 to achieve the following key aims:
- Reinforce the successes achieved by Go Life SA in the South African market.
- Launch the Go Life brand and products into the attractive global nutraceutical market.
- Globally, pharmaceutical and healthcare expenditure is also expected to rise sharply across this decade, from US$6.12 trillion in 2010 to US$10.83 trillion in 2020, marking an increase of approximately 77%. The bulk of this expenditure is expected to go to e-health (e-commerce) and preventive healthcare.
- Amidst the rising costs of healthcare, there is a shift from treatment to prevention via health and wellness achieved through proper nutrition and usage of nutraceuticals. Globally, the nutraceutical market earned US$155 billion in revenue in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.0% to reach US$211 billion in 2018.
- Nutraceuticals are products that provide nutrients through various formats including dietary supplements and functional beverages and fortified foods.
The world is moving to condition based nutrition where nutraceuticals play a large role. Nutraceuticals are moving away from traditional formats to very focused products addressing specific conditions. This will help customers select the right nutraceutical product based on their demographics, health benefits and purpose.
Subsequent to this, Go Life International identified the opportunity to expand Go Life Healthcare and Gotha Health Product range into the rest of the world.
During 2016, Go Life International increased its shareholding in Go Life Healthcare from 22% (directly held) to 100% (78% indirectly held through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Go Life Global.Go Life Healthcare holds 100% of Gotha Health Products.